Eggless Ragi Pancakes

What better way to get back to blogging than with a healthy recipe? Here's what I made for breakfast after being inspired by Appu's ragi pancakes. She made them in a jiffy when I decided to drop in for a cuppa chai :)

Ingredients : (makes 3 pancakes)

  1. 1/3 cup ragi flour
  2. 1/2 tsp baking powder
  3. 1 tbsp sugar
  4. A pinch of salt
  5. 2 tsp olive oil or any neutral oil
  6. A little less than 1/2 cup of milk
  7. A few dried pumpkin seeds - I usually pop them in the microwave for 2 minutes and once cooled, store in an airtight container. These add some texture to the pancakes - tip borrowed from Appu
  8. 2 tbsp butter/oil
How I made it :
  1. Mix all the ingredients from 1 through 7 to form a smooth batter
  2. Heat up a tawa or griddle.
  3. Lightly greast hot tawa with butter/oil
  4. Pour a ladleful of batter.
  5. Cover for 45 seconds
  6. When you lift the lid and see nice holes, flip and cook for another 45 seconds to 1 minute.
I served it with my homemade strawberry preserve. It was my first attempt and I did not add enough sugar so it was a bit tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would be thrilled to hear from you on your thoughts on the recipe. Thank you for your feedback, in advance, it is much appreciated.