Kumara Pie Bake
Raw kumara should be the best friend of a person on a extreme fat loss diet. Not only is the raw kumara low in calories and nutritious but eating it raw causes the digestive system to burn those calories trying to digest the kumara.
However, we usually boil the kumara and eat it with a seasoning of salt and pepper for a quick weekday breakfast.
I had some leftover from breakfast this morning and so I tried this kumara coconut pie bake. The result is a light, refreshing dessert.
Recipe by Joey
- 2 medium orange kumara
- 1/2 cup thick coconut cream
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2-4tbsp sugar (adjust as per sweetness desired)
- A handful Dessicated coconut
- A handful slivered almonds
- Boil/steam the kumara. Set aside to cool.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C
- Blend the kumara, coconut cream, egg. sugar and vanilla essence in a mixie jar until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bowl.
- Level the top.
- Sprinkle dessicated coconut and slivered almonds.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.