Spiced Vegetable Somen
My adaptation of the Japanese noodle salads. The Redergize salad from the food truck garage changed the way I saw salads. I have concluded that salads, rather than a cooked meal, can outplay the taste buds. I have, now, stocked up on quinoa and somen noodles, amongst other items, to make quick weekday lunches and dinners. This is a quick weekday lunch which can be had cold as well.Prep time:
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 bundle Somen noodles
- 1 cup shredded vegetables like carrots, cabbage, red cabbage
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 dry red chillies (adjust as per spice level desired)
- 2.5 tbsp soya sauce
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Cook the somen noodles as per the instructions on the pack.
- Blitz together the garlic, soya sauce, red chillies and oil.
- Mix in the maple syrup into the above blitzed mixture.
- Mix in the vegetables and the noodles.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and garnish with coriander leaves.